Organize your iPhone Calender


I like to color code my calendar.
For college: I use the color red because that is UMass' color.
--I always put my classes in my calendar even though they repeat every week. Mostly so I can tell when something will interfere, but also so when a class is canceled I just remove it from my calendar for that week. I also do this because when we have Monday holidays the university changes Tuesdays to a Monday schedule so I just move my Monday classes to that Tuesday. I am a very visual person.

For work: I use light blue, because it's the lightest color on there, and my schedule is the same every week. I don't need them to jump out at me but sometimes I forget what day of the week it is.

For family events: I use yellow because those are the most infrequent events. This is one of those shared iCloud calendars. Throughout the year my family and I will add school breaks, vacations, work schedules, dentist and doctor appointments to this calendar.

For my personal events: I use darker purple/navy. I think it's important to put things in my calendar like going to a friends house, dinner dates, when Rent is due, moving into a new place, getting my haircut, auto appointments.

For friends birthday's: I use a violet. It's pretty close to the color of my personal calendar, but I love birthdays and have them repeat every year so I'll never forget

School clubs: Green because it stands out and is unusual. I add events for the clubs that I am in, or events that I might be interested in going to. Career fairs, cookouts, late night events

Comments