If I Died Today.....

If I died today...... 

just this summer: I would miss the birthday celebration for my best friend, I would miss the fashion show my sister plans on putting on later on because she loves and feels beautiful in all the new clothing she got, I would miss the family reunion dinner with my family from Upstate New York. I would miss the beach trip on Sunday with two of my oldest friends, I would miss the sensation of the super hot sun on my super white skin & the sunburn that follows. I wouldn't be able to sing at the top of my lungs to Hillary Duff's Metamorphosis album with the windows down trying not to choke on my hair. I wouldn't be able to flip people off during the atrocious traffic. I'd miss the Red Sox game that I am going to surprise my sister with for her birthday, and try to ask a random person to buy us beer. Instead the tickets would sadly be handed to some distant friends. I'd miss the annual fourth of July party with my best friends, I wouldn't be able to witness my food baby. I wouldn't ever meet my best friend's college friends. I wouldn't be able to pretend I was a mermaid or pretend that I love fireworks (even though I've been terrified since I was a child). I'd miss out on the lovely road trip to NY, VT, and Canada with my family. I'd miss all the Canadian breweries my dad has added to his bucket list. I'd never experience what it's like to casually & legally drink a beer with my father in public. The car would be oddly quiet without the endless bickering between my sister & I.

everything after: I'd never enter my junior year or live in my first house. I'd never turn 21 & get to experience all the terrible decisions that come with that stepping stone, or even study abroad. I wouldn't be able to witness my friends turn 21. I'd never take another 13 hour road trip to Duck with my besties. I'd never get my bachelor's or master's degree. My parents would be stuck with my student debt. I'd never get married or watch my sister fall in love. I'd never be able to help her pick out her wedding dress and see her be an amazing mother.  I'll never get married......i'll never tell someone that I love them. I'll never feel my stomach drop while I watch my boyfriend get on one knee. I'd never have children, nieces/nephews, grandkids.. I'd never be able to spend stupid amounts of money on a car. I'd never struggle picking out baby names.

& the pros: I'd never need to watch my parents get old, I'll never watch my aunt slowly become paralyzed. I won't need to plan a funeral for my parents & family. I won't need to watch my friends and sister's hearts be broken by unfortunate souls. My student debt would be cut in half. My sister would have her own car. I'm sure my parents would save money on the water bill.

Comments