Spring Break 2016!

I did not go anywhere tropical this year, but I'm not that sad about it. Instead I spent a lot of time with my family and friends. My sister picked me up from school Thursday (3/10) and we got dinner at Chili's because all I wanted was a burger and fries. And Amherst doesn't have any normal American food. 
Then on Friday, I was the only one home because I don't have Friday classes and went and shopped by myself (which I find very relaxing) and I got myself some new skincare and a new pair of Vans that I have been obsessed with since I got them. Later that night, I went to church and helped prepare the St. Patrick's Day dinner my family was hosting the next day for the community. I got to cook with my dad and it was so much fun, it was nice to spend time with my dad because I always miss him a ton when I'm at school. 
Then on Saturday, I remembered that I had a job interview on Monday and I don't own any professional clothing because I am a slacker, obviously. So I went to the Providence Place Mall with my sister and it was a lot of fun, I spent more money than I wanted too and also got Popeye's (a guilty pleasure of mine). The funniest part of the day was the machine not accepting debit cards, and we didn't have enough change to pay for parking so I went into beast mode and pretty sure I scared everyone around me....then I remembered that I have a credit card. Later that night, we went to the Church, decorated and finished up the food, which was AMAZING, and there were tons of desserts, the night was a success. 
On Sunday, we went to church again...and instead of attending mass my father and I made corned beed hash (well he made it, i supervised). Once again, absolutely wonderful, I ate about three servings. We also made toast and served it after coffee hour and it was just a happy moment. A memory that makes me smile. I don't remember what I did between 12:30 pm and 8:00pm..but at 8:00pm, I finally bathed and got ready to go to a "house party" that my friend from college was hosting, I wore my new Vans of course, and really wish I took a picture but totally forgot. I ended up getting to the party that started at 8 around 9:45 because I didn't want to get there too early and also got stuck behind a train for about 10 minutes. The party was TONS of fun, we played pong and danced, there was cake which is always a plus. I left around 2 am and totally regret not staying over because I heard the night just kept getting better....but next time. 
Monday morning, Job interview time. I got ready about an entire hour early because I was too nervous to sleep. I slipped on my new GAP clothing (gotta love that employee discount) and my 4 year old Sperry's. The company was only 12 minutes away from my house but of course I left 30 minutes early. Good news! They offered my the job before I even left, which is a super great feeling. Such a relief to have a summer job. After that, I brought my mom to ReadyMed and waited for 2 hours, then found out that she has pneumonia. 
Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment and it was horrible as always. Then got a Spinoccli pizza from UNO's with Ashley after I spent way more money at GAP on work clothes (I got a pair of velvet skinny pants for $2.98).
Then on Wednesday, I finally saw friends again. We went rollerblading, which was a disastrous experience but at the same time a ton of fun, I got to hang out with one of my best friends while at the same time making some new ones. There was free pizza too, and we got some of those WarHeads from the tickets we won in the arcade. (my feet were sore until Saturday). Then I picked my sister up from work and took her to the Flying Rhino because their veggie burger is the best ever.
Thursday was St. Patrick's Day but I totally forgot. I went to the Worcester Art Museum by myself and it was so peaceful. I was there for about an hour and a half. The Knights were amazing and I loved how there was a batman in the section ("The Dark Knight"). I wanted to buy one of those Kitty Gems but they were like $200. Also bought a new perfume that I have never bought before and it s the Red Marc Jacobs perfume. I really like it. I didn't get Froyo and I'm still sort of sad about it. Later that day, I hung out with Mike & Brendan and got Five Guys and just stared at his baby nephew while playing some Xbox Basketball game. It was relaxing. 

On Friday, I had a migraine and laid in bed literally all day, but my mom bought me a quesadilla and that was perfect. But I changed out of my pajamas from the night before when going to bed...so that explains my day. I watched about 4 episodes of Gossip Girl in a row. 
Saturday morning, my sister Ashley & I went to a bake sale and out to breakfast. Then I went to Boston around noon to see my other best friend at BU. We spent a ton of time on the bus because the Inbound trains weren't being used. But we went to the Boston Public Market and I ate way more than I should in one day. But it was worth it. When I got home that night, my dad had made vegetarian chili and was WONDERFUL!!! I had 2 1/2 bowls. I was super glad to sleep in my bed one more time before coming back to school. We watched Pitch Perfect 2 together and ate Donuts. 
Then on Sunday, Church again but it was the Passion so it was cute, and there were snacks at the end which are always worth it. After that, I went to a food drive and froze or an hour and a half because I wasn't at all prepared for the weather. But I warmed up at A&D with my parents and got a Roast Beef sandwich because that's my favorite sandwich meat....the french fries weren't good though so that was sad. 

Comments