My Happy Place

Either my sophomore or junior year of high school I visited Burlington, VT for the first time to visit UVM (which was amazing by the way) and the city was just...perfect. The people were so friendly and so down to earth, everyone just seemed to care. The city is right on the water across from Plattsburgh, NY. The city just made me happy, it felt calm...Also the first time I went I saw the real Ben & Jerry at Ben & Jerry's.

It's funny because the part of Burlington I visited was not very big, like at all, but such a small part of a city can just feel...right. I know where most of the things in the city are already. I just love Church Street so much, it has such a great variety of stores, cafes, restaurants, and there are SO MANY dogs. The companies around the area always have really clever signs that can make almost anybody smile.

Over the summer, I went back with my father and sister. It was just as wonderful as I had remembered. The city has actually gone more Green if I remember correctly. One of the things I love the most about the city is the architecture and the artwork all over the city. I also love the fashion, but that's because I love the hipster fashion since I can't personally pull it off. I love how Burlington is out of the way too, you drive through literal nothing for miles and miles and then it's Burlington.When we went back it was super fucking hot but when we left MA in the morning it was pretty chilly so first task was to head to Church Street and buy a pair of shorts.Then my favorite sign I've ever seen "We have Water! It's frozen! surrounded by whiskey", like that's such a smart way to get someones attention on a hot summer day. Another great spot we visited is there is this trail along the coast that just looks onto the water, there are beaches along it covered for shade, there is an aquarium. There is definitely a food stand that serves some food and they have the WEIRDEST name for it and every time I see it I laugh really hard. If you walk up this really big hill you will find some really random gnome and mushroom statues and that is what makes the climb with it, and when you reach the top it may be the top of the city. But they have this place where you can lookout over the water and look for just so long and it's absolutely amazing. It's so peaceful, there are seats and those telescopes...but aren't actually telescopes, they're like 25 cents to use. The next time I go I will hopefully either bring my sketch book or my camera so I can just take it all in in an artistic way.

I did not end up applying to UVM but that was because it was so expensive and it had such great vibes I don't even know if I would have wanted to ruin that with loans

So basically I just wanted to share some photos with you....











Comments