Eyeshadow Collection

Number 1: Kat Von D's Shade & Light Eye Palette
At this moment in time this is my favorite eye shadow palette, I think it works wonderfully with my eyes. It has cool, warm, and neutral browns. All matte. When I swatched them on my arm they are grouped by tone of brown. Left is at the top of my arm, and then the warm browns are at the bottom. You can go some casual eyes to smokey eyes and they blend beautifully together. The bigger colors are the base colors, then the color on the left is the crease color, the darkest shade is the outer corner color, followed by a highlight color. I love the neutral and cool colored highlight, but the warm is too warm to be a highlighter for me. These shadows are nicely pigmented and I suggest starting small and building up the two darker colors in each set.


Number 2: Urban Decay's Naked 3
I have always loved the way pinks looked with brown eyes so naturally I was drawn to this palette. But personally it doesn't have the perfect light pink that I was hoping it would, the only one that could be close would be Dust or the one to the right, but Dust is just way too sparkly and isn't what I wanted. My #1 shade in this palette is Mugshot, it's a perfect crease color and is easy to build up. Urban Decay is usually right on the money with pigment, and these have some great pigment but they do have a decent amount of fallout whether there are sparkles or not. 


Number 3: Urban Decay's Naked 1 Palette
I am not super impressed by this palette. I'm not sure what is wrong with the third color over on my palette but it isn't powdery enough to really use. The colors that I do like in this palette are either to metallic-y or just too sparkly. Also I feel like there isn't a nice fade of colors in this palette. It almost goes light, to DARK. I wish side car was a little less shimmery and I wish Buck was a little lighter. Same amount of fallout as the Naked 3 Palette, a solid palette just not my favorite. 


Number 4: Colourpop Eyeshadows 
I LOVE these eyeshadows, I have two back ones as well but they are not with me. The first color is So Quiche and it is a dark brown/green with purple and maybe gold specs in it. The second one is Plunge and that is a great all over lid color and works great as a primer. The last one is Fringe which I love for a nice highlight color, or even an all over color if I'm going for a lighter look. I highly recommend Colourpop eyeshadows they last all day long and are a great creamy/spongy formula that is easiest to use with your fingers, they are sort of hard to use in crease areas with brushes but I try anyway.


Number 5: Jane Irendale Eye Shadows and Coastal Scents 
Jane Irendale makeup is organic and made of flowers, etc. and they are amazingly pigmented, they smell wonderful, and are just GORGEOUS. I wish she made palettes because I absolutely love these. The pink is Peach Sherbet, the teal is Magic, the matte brown is Cappuccino, and the last one is Supernova and that is one of the most beautiful browns I've ever seen. These are easy to use and are just flawless. 
The last two are a sample that I got and the white barely shows but if you build it up enough it's really nice. The purplish red color is super stunning though. I love putting that in my crease. or blending it with a brown if I'm going for a darker look. Coastal Scents does have a few Revealed Palettes that are around $20 that I've been looking at but I think I'd want to swatch them. 


 The top four colors on my arm are the JI eyeshadows

Number 5: The Body Shop and Ofra 
The Body Shop apparently sells makeup and one day I saw the shade on the left (or third down on arm) and fell in love. It is the shade Mon Cherry 315.  The texture is beautiful and so is the color pigment. It is such an amazing color. I love wearing this color by itself. The one on the right I got as a sample from Ofra in the color Bliss. The gold is a little intense when on the eyelid so I only wear it if I'm doing a going-out makeup look. But again great pigment, feels wonderful, and I am totally looking forward to trying more of their products. 


***Also if you want to really look at the pictures if you click on them I think they open in another window in a really large size.

I just ordered two Morphe Eyeshadow palettes and will do reviews on those as well










Comments