The Nexplanon

So I have been on the birth control pill for 4-5 years and just recently decided that I would really like to have a more permanent birth control method. A birth control method that I couldn't mess up myself. One of the girls I worked with at my summer job mentioned how she had the implana and how it's been super awesome, she didn't have to take pills, she didn't have to get anything refilled, it lasted for  3 years. And three years will last me until after I graduate college which is amazing. Which is amazing, so when i went in for my annual physical and talked to my doctor about it and sent me to a OGBYN to get more details and more information, she informed me the risks and side affects and also told me that because I have been on birth control for so long I would be a good contestant and hopefully wouldn't experience many bad side affects.

I got this put in on November 13th, 2015 and it was super super easy. First she numbs your arm, then tests a few times to make sure it's numb, and then does it. I didn't feel a thing, they wrap your arm up sorta tight to prevent major bruising and to stop the bleeding. I always bleed when i get any sort of shot though so that wasn't surprising, she told me to keep that on for 24 hours and then take it off and put Neosporin on it and keep in under a bandaid, and to not get it wet for a week.

I did end up having a very sore feeling my arm the next day and it hurt to put pressure on it for about 5 days. I have been bleeding vaginally since November 14th and it is now November 22nd. Below is photo of what it looked like on Thursday, so 6 days in. The mark in the right side of this picture is a pen mark not a dark bruise. The spot no longer hurts and I got it wet for the first time today and no longer have a bandaid on it.