Durfee Conservatory

If you're ever stressed out of your mind, if you're ever overwhelmed with absolutely anything in your life and you are around or go to UMass Amherst I highly recommend heading to the Durfee Conservatory that is right in front of UHS. There is something about it that just makes your stress disappear for the moments that you're inside. There are some seats and benches inside in case you want to make your stay longer than a stroll right through. 
I do believe that nature has this power over us, a healing power. When you walk into the conservatory you immediately feel as if you're in another world. Everything is so beautiful, the aroma is sweet but natural at the same time. The temperature is always different inside too. My favorite part is the lighting, the natural lighting definitely helps with the soothing, relaxing power. 

Whenever you're walking by and they're open, go in. It is so worth it, and if you haven't been inside before you probably look at it weird on a daily basis and wonder what it is and why it's there. I don't know why it's there but I do know that we are allowed inside and that's all that matters to me.


I just wish i could buy those cute little plants, although I'm sure I'd probably kill them by accident.