Ipsy Review

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Ipsy is a subscription service where you log in and personalize your account and tell them what sort of brands and products that you like. You get a box every single month for $10/month. Usually you receive the bag in the middle of the month unless you're a beauty guru, they often get them a little earlier. When you get it in the mail it's in a bright pink padded shipping envelope, with a makeup bag inside that includes 4-5, maybe 6 makeup products. They're not usually full size but some are, like eyeliners or chapsticks. But honestly I was 0% impressed with the personalization. Everyone receives the same things just the colors vary, so I'm not sure why they even ask. I got a lip balm, a lipstick, a crown brush, an eyeshadow, a tinted sunscreen. And I don't like tinted moisturizers, I don't wear lipstick (I actually hate lipstick), the brush was a nice surprise, and then the eyeshadow was just a super weird color for my skin tone even though they asked what my skin tone was. My favorite was the lip balm because it was organic and actually worked quite nicely. 

Lip Balm  8/10
Lipstick 0/10
Crown Brush 8/10
Eyeshadow 4/10
Tinted Moisturizer 2/10
Make-up Bag 4/10, I hate the pattern but I'll still use it because it's convenient

I have a couple friends that absolutely love these subscriptions because they get to try all these new things but I guess I'm just not super adventurous so it's not worth it. The products aren't bad in any way, just not for me.