I always thought that working at an office must be so easy and mind bottling-ly boring. I myself have been working in an office for a little over two years, but while I was in high school I worked like 3 hours a day. Then when any vacation time came, I would work 8 am- 2 pm. It wasn't that bad, definitely boring but not as bad as I had expected. But this week one of the girls went down to Myrtle Beach for vacation so I was able to pick up some more hours and help out with scanning, renaming, and organizing files. Sure, it doesn't sound that bad until you realize you've spent 24 hours over the past three days renaming files, JUST renaming files. HOW?! I don't understand how anyone can handle sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day...well not having a choice to. Also, it's Thursday and i feel like someone is stabbing from my shoulder up to my ear. I never realized how much self-discipline one would need in order to successfully work in an office. I mean, I make it through the 8 am- 4:30pm day, but not without getting sidetracked somewhere random on the internet for an hour and half at some point in the day. I daydream about sitting on the beach or even on my couch. I daydream about all of the junk food in the world and strawberries. And today, I saw my mom cry. The ladies in the office treat her like she knows absolutely nothing when in reality I'm sure she is way more observant than any of them, her memory is as sharp as ever (even after going through chemotherapy which can play a toll on the memory we've been told). My mother knows what she's doing and should not be second guessed. Working in such a small company calls for the urge to push someone down the stairs for assuming you were wrong when in reality they forgot how to read or something along those lines. So to all the successful office workers out there. wow. Keep up the good work!

Comments