Girlfriend from Oregon

My immediate family and extended family all live within a 15 minute drive from each other (with one or two exceptions). A good amount of my cousins are 28-34 years old, and then there's two that are 24-years old, then a handful of us that are 1 9 years old, my sister is 17, then the rest are around 10 or newborn. My mom has 3 sisters and my father has 2 sisters and 2 brothers, so our family is a pretty good size which means that all of our family get togethers are pretty loud and just overall a wonderful time.

I have one cousin in particular, Josh, who is 24 and has never had a lot of luck with girls. He went to a technical high school and then went to a technical college for two years. He has had a couple jobs but never had a girlfriend. I've actually talked to him like twice in my entire life, he's just super quiet. He still lives at home, which is totally normal.

I ran into my Aunt while I was accompanying my mother to the doctor's office at and ran into my Aunt (one of my mother's sisters) and she invited us to a bonfire at her house because Josh's "new" girlfriend was going to be there and wanted to meet us. I new there must have been a catch. The girlfriend is from Oregon! and apparently they've been dating since January, even though they met last Wednesday.

They looked super cute together, they made each other drinks, they help hands, they'd occasionally kiss (they started to kiss more the more they drank, but that's normal). They seemed to have plenty to talk about, especially since the family constantly asked her questions all night long. I mean it was actually totally cool hearing about Malibu, though.

Like I said, they were totally cute but I just can't see how something like this could work. Like long distance relationships are hard enough even when you knew each other before the long distance became an issue. I just feel like you really need to know someone in order to make distance work, so that you won't need to talk every day in order for it to work. Maybe that's not true for everyone, I hope them the best but we'll see.